Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What. A. Day.

Today was crazy. I think crazy is an understatement. 

I hate when I sleep in, but I could not for the life of me fall asleep last night. I think I finally fell asleep around 3am. So, by the time I wake up, make a cup of coffee and heat up some homemade chicken soup I made yesterday, my husband calls me and needs me to run some errands. Keep in mind, I thought it was just to sign some paperwork and pick up some insurance cards that is roughly 20 minutes away. Turns out I had to goto the bank to get some cash from a check that didn't clear yet, finally get that settled, go pick up the insurance cards and goto my favorite place in the world... DMV! I HATE DMV! We've had so many DMV issues lately with all the company vehicles. DMV sends my anxiety out of control. But surprisingly it all went well without a hitch which made me so happy! So, $505.06 later I have license plates (the new ugly state plates) for my FIL's GMC Envoy. My husband was running an errand to pick up the back hatch glass to replace the glass my FIL busted out the previous glass. The goal today was to get my FIL's Envoy on the road, glass put back in, and dropping the ridiculous thing off so my FIL can get off DH's ass. I get back with the registration, insurance and plates and Joe has the glass. Wouldn't you know the glass just has to be a royal pain. We had to unbolt the actual back hatch just to attempt to get the pins in to hold the glass on. The second pin wouldn't go through. Then the glass part of the hatch closed and the release button on the back isn't working. The hatch and the glass aren't going anywhere and with my FIL getting nasty on the phone, we just wanted to get it over to his house. As we're picking up the tools and closing up the truck, the back passenger door wont shut. It closes, but it wont latch shut. Seriously. We can't make this stuff up. So the day's stresses and work went pretty much all for nothing. Patience is a virtue. My virtue was tested today hardcore.


Another thing to add to my to do list is building a second chicken coop. The silkie chicks I got that are in my front room are getting too big for the cages they're in. I've already got one chicken coop and aviary type enclosure but the chickens in there are mix breed birds. The Silkie birds are a little bit fancier and should ideally be kept seperate. The other birds might pick on these guys too. I have two older Silkies already in with the mixed breed birds, they need to go in the second coop, they hold their own, but the rooster I just rehomed did not like the white Silkie, I think the white Silkie is a rooster, he's just not old enough to crow just yet. Here's a pic of them, the two Silkies outside are the black and white birds on the right, the rest are the mixed breed.


Photobucket


Well, just another thing on the to do list lol


To top the rest of the day off since it wasnt crappy enough... We ran out of oil so Joe ran out for 5 gallons to hold us off until we can get a delivery. He went in the ultra creepy basement to start the furnace up, since it was cranky and started to smoke I opened up the basement door to the dog yard so I could air it out and the basement door's hinges rotted off from the door frame.


I showered, made a cup of sleepytime tea and climbed into bed. I can't wait to just goto sleep and try again tomorrow...


Well, that's all for now... DH decided now is a good time to jump up and down on the bed... naked.


THIS is why we dont have kids yet LOL, he IS a kid.
I love that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment