Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chelsea Lately.

I don't really have much to blog about tonight, I'm just relaxing in bed with Chelsea Lately on in the backround. I love that woman, she's hilarious. Loni Love is pretty funny too.

Today I shipped off the box of baby stuff to my cousin, I think she'll like the things I got for her. I had fun shopping for it. After I dropped off the box at the post office I ran over to Verizon Wireless. I have been having an issue with my Droid ever since I downloaded the software update the other day. Whenever I try to slide the keyboard out it freezes my phone. Mike, the guy at the service counter, tried a "patch" they put out for some of the little glitches that came with the new update, it didn't work. Then he did a complete factory reset, it didn't work. I got the phone in February and my worst fear was that it would cost me significant money to fix or replace it or I'd get screwed and just deal with a phone that does not work properly. BUT, it's within one year so they are shipping me a brand new Droid! It'll be here tomorrow or the day after, I'm sooo happy about that!!

While he was trying to reset my phone I went across the street to Adam's which is a local store, they have 3 locations here and 1 more being built. They get a LOT of local items and lots of local produce. It's a great store and they have amazing prices for produce and meat... some of the regular stuff is pretty expensive, like pasta sauce, soda, salad dressings... that sort of thing. Needless to say I spent $30 and walked out with a ton of things. I ended up making homemade chicken soup later on today because chicken was .59 a lb.

Today was also my FIL's 65th bday, waahoo Medicare, lmao. My husband worked the PD tonight until 8pm then picked me up and we went shopping for some clothes for his dad as he NEVER buys himself clothes and some of his things are looking a little ratty. We got him 4 pairs of jeans, 4 button up shirts, a 4 pack of pocket t's and a 13pk of white hankerchiefs. He's an old guy, he uses tons of those! LOL I think he'll appreciate it, at least I sure hope so. We were on our way to his house (he is a night owl, his hours are reversed compared to anyone else) and he called Joe and I guess wasn't in the mood for company, no matter how briefly. I was a little dissapointed. I think Joe was too, which sucks. Joe does so much for everyone and rarely gets any significant appreciation for it. A lot of it I'm not going to bother getting into at this point. I'm sure little by little I'll mention it here and there, mostly venting about it.

So, something about me that not many people know about is that my husband and I are TTC. (TTC = trying to concieve) Bare with me if I end up using many of the TTC/online terms for some things. I'll do my best not to, or to at least explain them. I'm sure someone will, at some point, read this. I stopped my birth control (BC) at the very end of December 2009. The past couple months, I'd say since June, we've actively been trying. It's a lot harder than I figured. Some people seem to get pregnant with the drop of a hat! Then there are many people who try, try, try. I don't really have all that many people IRL (in real life) that know we are TTC. Marissa, my best friend knows. My softball team knows. (Joe sponsors the team I play on, I joined bc our mutual friend Vicky asked me to.) And then Marissa suggested I join a forum so I have people to talk to, chat with, get advice from and somewhere to get questions answered. So I googled something like "TTC forum" and the site I ended up joining was right at the top of the list. I looked at a couple threads and immediately knew that that was the place for me. I joined July 28th. I'm so glad I did. Joe teases me from time to time because he is on similar style forums but they are geared towards contractors, one he has been on for forever is "lawnsite." He used to own a landscaping company but sold it, but he still goes on the site. So ultimately, my forum is a very of my "lawnsite." I love that man! He's adorable. The Mommy Playbook has been so helpful and it is full of wonderful and supportive women on there. I'm so thankful to have found it.

I guess that's all for tonight. I'm going to go see whats going on at TMP and goto sleep. Joe is so adorable laying in bed next to me snoozing. I love that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment