Monday, August 23, 2010

Outlet.

Ok, I've made this blog to have some sort of outlet to get out my thoughts and ideas, well, more thoughts than anything. I had/have a tumblr but got rid of it. I didn't like it. I have yet to determine if I really want to share this with anyone. I mean, if you think about it, we all hide a little bit of ourselves from everyone. There are some things that I just don't say outloud, it's usually better off that way. It keeps me out of trouble. Which is why I don't know if I want to share this with anyone I know. Do I just keep it completely random? Will that give me more freedom to expand on topics? Reveal how I feel about certin things or is that just reading into it way too much? Who the hell knows.

Well, today is a rainy Monday morning. I didn't get to sleep until about 3am and woke up at 9:30am because the Cintas uniform guy was here and I forgot to leave the dirty uniforms outside for him to pickup. I had them all ready but I guess I forgot and didn't think to do it because it was raining a lot last night. I will admit, if I don't need to go on the road I tend to sleep in a little bit. I often have a hard time going to sleep at night which is what ultimately causes me to sleep in. It's a tough habit to break, but I'm working on it... slowly. 

On today's agenda... I need to run out to the post office to mail a package out to my cousin. Her baby shower was yesterday and I was originally going to go but I was having truck issues. My husband and I went out shopping last night to Target. Let's just say, I LOVE baby shopping. It was really fun doing it with him and we spent forever in the baby department! I had a hard time not buying two of everything! One for me, one for her! So we picked up some cute onsies, hooded towels, the mommy hook, a teether, pacifier wipes, baby wipes and some other random items. I at least was able to review the baby registry she had on Babies R' Us which was helpful, but I don't have one of those stores here that isn't 25minutes away from my house. I enjoyed doing the shopping because it really scratched that baby itch I've got going on. 

We also bought one of those Keurig coffee machines. We used to rent one for the office a year ago and we absolutely loved it, my husband has been wanting to get one for some time now, but I haven't been able to set aside $110 and the time to pick one up for him. Any money I usually get goes right to groceries and critter food! I hate spending money. But we finally got one and we both are very happy with it. We picked up a box of the breakfast blend, but I also need to get some decaf. Joe often just drinks a regular coffee at night, then he's up really late. Not good. He even did it last night, he even commented on how he couldn't sleep and then 5 minutes later I heard him snoring. He's adorable!

So, post office today, then I really need to stop procrastinating and actually make some progress on laundry. I've been doing it, but then I'll leave a washed and dried load in the dryer for a day. Or when I set up shop on my bed to fold everything, I'll get lazy and put all the folded stuff in a basket next to the bed. I need to cut that out! lol

Little by little we've been working around the house. We bought our house as a temporary fixer upper. But we're nearly at the four year mark already. We fixed up the house so it was livable but the time has come where we need to paint the house again. Keep in mind we have 2 Great Danes who used to be COMPLETELY unruly. Max, the younger Dane has what I refer to as "happy tail syndrome." He gets so excited and happy that he wags his tail so hard that his splits open the tip of it to the point of it bleeding and hitting the walls and I do believe he has even broken it on occasion. It doesn't bother him much unless it's severely busted. I do my best to bandage him up but it's not always successful. Needless to say our back hallway that leads out to the back yard and dog area was a mess, the doors and trim which make up 96% of the back hall were painted white. Big mistake. We've recently repainted it all so the doors and trim are a dark brown and the walls are a lighter brown/tan. We are putting up a piece of paneling and trim to cover the lower half of the wall where they chewed the drywall. Bad dogs. Luckily they've gotten better. We are going to be painting the bathroom and kitchen the same colors. The bathroom doesn't need much prep work like the kitchen needs. I need to take all the small appliances out and everything off the counters in the kitchen because we need to sand down the drywall first before we can paint. I think the ceiling also needs a good scraping first.

Just seeing the little bit of progress we've made in the back hall makes such a difference. I'm finally feeling better about the house. It's going to take some time, a lot of de-cluttering, dumpster filling and work and cleaning to get this place back into shape, but I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment